Should buyers use a real estate professional? Of course, the answer is apparent to just about anyone who’s tried the buying process on their own. But there are still uninitiated, young buyers who may ask themselves whether they should even work with a real estate professional.
If you’re questioning the value of using a real estate professional during the buying process, ask yourself some in-depth questions…and be honest with your answers.
• How well do I know the area where I’m looking to buy?
• How strong are my negotiation skills?
• How knowledgeable am I of local home values, taxes, utility info, and school data?
• How many times have I gone through the home-buying process? Twice? Ten times? Thirty times?
• How important to me is a smooth closing?
• How much free time do I have, and can I dedicate all of my efforts to this?
More ambitious buyers who choose to work extra hard can find out short, simple answers to some common questions. But as this report on whether buyers should use a real estate professional reminds us, it takes a full-time person within the field to be able to give credible, detailed, personalized answers.
Indications show that happy buyers are usually those who choose to work with real estate professionals rather than going it alone. And there are a variety of reasons. From ease-of-buying to added peace of mind after the closing, using a real estate professional, such as a Buyer’s Representative, just plain makes sense.